Today, MachNation published the industry’s first “State of the IoT Application Enablement Platform (AEP) Market Report: 2016-2017“. MachNation collected and analyzed quantitative data from the vendors that participated in MachNation’s 2016 IoT AEP ScoreCard. Using these data, MachNation published the industry’s only source of IoT AEP survey data and quantitative key performance indicators (KPIs).
In this report are the following survey data tables and KPIs
- AEP top business challenges
- AEP top technology challenges
- 2016-2017 anticipated AEP vendor revenue growth
- AEP revenues: percentage by geographic region
- AEP revenues: percentage by product category
- AEP revenues: percentage by deployment model
- AEP pricing models offered to customers
- AEP industry sectors of greatest importance
- AEP sales channels of importance
- Top enterprise IoT security challenges
- AEP SLAs of greatest interest to enterprise customers
MachNation, the leading analyst firm researching IoT middleware, believes that the IoT AEP space is at an inflection point. In fact, vendors are exhibiting growth rates of over 100% per year; enterprises and service providers (SPs) are letting RFXs in earnest to learn more about and select high quality AEP providers; and the quality of AEP offerings is drastically improving to match the types of technology offerings seen across the rest of the IT sector.
Yet MachNation is dismayed that many players in the ecosystem — including other analyst firms — are confused in their understanding of IoT platform vendor technology. For example, a connected device platform is not an application enablement platform: comparing the two is confusing at best and disingenuous at worst. Without a doubt, an apples-to-apples comparison is absolutely necessary if we wish to help enterprises and SPs pick leading platforms.
MachNation partners have access to this unique survey data-based report and all MachNation research.
If you would like more information about becoming a MachNation partner, contact us.