MachNation has been asked by IoT platform vendors to help improve the user experience (UX) of their platforms by completing UX testing. MachNation’s hands-on testing of IoT platforms in our test lab allows us to provide unique insights into best-in-class platform UX. Vendors’ platforms with best-in-class UX will find more commercial success than vendors with poor UX.
Research article (publicly available):
In order to improve a platform’s UX, we have to understand the types of enterprise users who will interface with a platform. So, MachNation:
- Defines IoT platform user types which we call personas
- Identifies relevant IoT platform tasks for each persona
- Conducts IoT platform UX testing for each persona for each task
- Provides detailed recommendations for UX improvements
In this short article, we define the 5 most common enterprise IoT platform personas, describe
their typical platform tasks, and identify best-in-class IoT platform UX for each persona.
For the convenience of MachNation clients, we also link the UX methodology to workflows
in MachNation’s MIT-E Complete – a set of reports that presents results of our hands-on testing and benchmarking of IoT platforms.
For more information about:
- MachNation’s UX testing, please contact us
- MachNation’s hands-on benchmarking and testing of IoT platforms, please see MIT-E Complete