IoT Application Enablement
- MIT-E Pf Product Overview
Download MachNation’s MIT-E Pf product overview to learn more about performance and scalability testing of IoT platforms and solutions.
- Amazon Web Services IoT Proof-of-Concept Evaluation Document
Amazon Web Services IoT Proof-of-Concept Evaluation Document. Results overview, testing methodology, architecture diagram, and detailed evaluations on the following categories: Access Control Analytics Data Management Device Management Edge Event Processing External Integration Monitoring Usability Productization / Architecture
- Whitepaper: TIoTA Smart Construction Challenge
MachNation and TIoTA Smart Construction Challenge whitepaper round 1. Presentation of winners
- Distributed ledger technology (DLT): 7 benefits for IoT applications
In this article, we discuss the 7 IoT application benefits of distributed ledge technology (DLT), the technology underpinning Blockchain and Bitcoin.
- Designing a best-in-class IoT platform user experience (UX): A look at personas
In this short article, we define the 5 most common enterprise IoT platform personas (user types), describe their typical platform tasks, and identify best-in-class IoT platform UX for each persona. For the convenience of MachNation clients, we also link the UX methodology to workflows in MachNation’s MIT-E Complete.
- Whitepaper: Three ways to evaluate IoT platforms
In this article we define 3 IoT platform evaluation methods, identify when each should be used, outline the evaluation methodology, and provide benefits and drawbacks of each.
- 2019 IoT Application Enablement ScoreCard – Executive Summary
The Executive Summary from MachNation’s 2019 IoT AEP scorecard contains high-level findings from MachNation’s 2019 IoT AEP ScoreCard.
- 2019 IoT Application Enablement ScoreCard
MachNation’s 2019 IoT AEP scorecard contains analysis of the following vendors: Amazon, Arm, Axonize, Ayla Networks, Bosch, ClearBlade, Device Insight, Huawei, IBM, Losant, Microsoft, Orange, PTC, SAP, Siemens, Sierra Wireless, Software AG, Telit, TheThings.iO, and Zoho.
- Could ClearBlade’s Ingram Micro deal bring IoT much closer to the masses?
In this article, we discuss ClearBlade’s recent partnership/sales relationship with Ingram Micro Canada.
- Bosch Software Innovations partners with Huawei to support Chinese markets
In this short article, we describe a recent partnership between Bosch SI and Huawei to support the Chinese market.
- Whitepaper: How to profit from untapped IoT data with automation, orchestration, and intelligent APIs
In this whitepaper, MachNation discusses the technology of IoT data automation, orchestration, and intelligent APIs. We then provide 2 use cases describing deployments of the technology and its benefits.
- The Colliding Worlds of Enterprise and Consumer IoT
In this article, MachNation discusses the significant hardware and IoT platform similarities for enterprise and consumer IoT deployments. We then provide some examples of enterprise and consumer IoT solutions that are being integrated.
- IoT in the Air Part One: Enterprise Use Cases for Drones
In this short series of articles, MachNation focuses on enterprise-grade drones and drone applications, where aerial systems cost approximately USD5,000 to USD50,000. In part 1 of this series, we discuss how these types of drones are being leveraged in novel ways.
- 2018 IoT Monetization ScoreCard
The 2018 IoT Monetization ScoreCard rates the following vendors (listed alphabetically): Amdocs, Aria Systems, BillingPlatform, CSG International, Ericsson, FTS, Nokia, Oracle, SAP, ZTESoft, and Zuora
- 2018 IoT Monetization ScoreCard – Executive Summary
This is the Executive Summary to the 2018 IoT Monetization ScoreCard that rates the following vendors (listed alphabetically): Amdocs, Aria Systems, BillingPlatform, CSG International, Ericsson, FTS, Nokia, Oracle, SAP, ZTESoft, and Zuora
- Recommendations for enterprises needing high-quality IoT data visualization and dashboarding capabilities
In this short article, MachNation defines IoT data visualization and dashboarding; provides recommendations for selecting a top-quality solution; and briefly discusses 5 visualization and dashboarding vendors.
- Canonical’s Ubuntu Core and Snaps: a Q&A article
In this question and answer (Q&A) article, MachNation reviews Ubuntu Core’s differentiation, general architecture considerations, deployment considerations, and Snap technology management.
- Software AG inks new channel-to-market deal for IoT platforms
On 13 June 2018, Bilfinger SE, an operations services company with 2017 revenue of EUR4.044 billion, chose Software AG’s Cumulocity IoT platform to integrate with Bilfinger’s Connected Asset Performance (BCAP) solution. Why is this partnership important? Grab this publication to learn more.
- Three key IoT announcements from Google Next 2018
Over 23,000 people descended on San Francisco’s Moscone Center to attend Google’s cloud event. There were many newsworthy announcements covering areas like collaboration, security, and the Internet of Things (IoT). The new products and services come not only from Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and its components like Cloud IoT Core, but also from Google’s collaboration and productivity offering (G Suite) and the Google Maps Platform. Here we discuss three key announcements and why they matter […]
- Connected Factory Use Case: Functional IoT Architecture
In this use case report, MachNation illustrates the microservices of a connected factory solution. MachNation also describes some of the most salient architecture, deployment and technology characteristics associated with a connected factory solution.