- IoT data and application enablement: AEP and PES vendor characteristics and classifications
This short research document provides a summary description of the two IoT data and application enablement classifications (AEPs and PESs), classification characteristics and example vendors.
- Communication service providers can triple their IoT/M2M revenues with an IoT application enablement platform
This Analyst Insight Article offers 5 best practices describing how carriers can most effectively leverage their relationships with IoT AEP vendors.
- Bosch launches IoT Cloud at Bosch ConnectedWorld 2016
On 9 March 2016, Bosch launched its Bosch IoT Cloud — and IoT PES — providing enterprises with a platform to offer IoT solutions for the mobility/automotive, industrial, energy/building technology and consumer goods sectors. This piece of research discusses the Bosch IoT Cloud and Bosch ConnectedWorld event.
- Sales channel KPIs for IoT application enablement vendors 2015
In this article, we analyze the sales channel preferences of IoT application enablement vendors based on survey data from MachNation’s 2015 IoT Application Enablement ScoreCard.
- Industry sector KPIs for IoT application enablement vendors 2015
In this article, we analyze the industry sector preferences of IoT application enablement vendors based on survey data from MachNation’s 2015 IoT Application Enablement ScoreCard.
- Regional revenue KPIs for IoT application enablement vendors 2015
In this article, we analyze the regional revenue percentages of IoT application enablement vendors based on survey data from MachNation’s 2015 IoT Application Enablement ScoreCard.
- Platform Guide: AEP, DMP, and CDP
This 1-page document is a guide showing the differences between an application enablement platform (AEP), a device management platform (DMP), and a connected device platform (CDP). MachNation has created this guide to help dispel some of the confusion about various types of IoT platforms.
- Sales revenue KPIs for IoT application enablement vendors 2015
In this article, we analyze the average sales contracts of IoT application enablement vendors based on survey data from MachNation’s 2015 IoT Application Enablement ScoreCard.
- IoT Application Enablement Platform ScoreCard 2015
In this ScoreCard, MachNation ranks 23 IoT application enablement vendors’ solutions (AEPs), partnership approaches and potential for success. Vendors in this ScoreCard include: Aeris, Amazon, ARM, Autodesk, Ayla Networks, Bug Labs, Carriots, Cumulocity, Davra Networks, Electric Imp, EVRYTHNG, Exosite, IBM, MachineShop, PLAT.ONE, PTC, SAP, Sierra Wireless, Telit, Waylay, Xively, Waylay, Yaler and Zebra Technologies.
- Wipro and Cumulocity partnership: enterprises deploying IoT benefit from combined IT services and platform technologies
Wipro and Cumulocity form a partnership to deliver system integrator (SI) services, applications and technology platforms to enterprises and service providers (carriers, telecom operators). In this short research article, we discuss how the partnership addresses one of the five best practices when engaging an application enablement platform (AEP).
- Financial valuation: PTC acquires Axeda
In the ever evolving world of IoT, the acquisition of Axeda for USD170 million is certainly not a surprise. First PTC acquired ThingWorx in December, 2013, now they’ve snapped up Axeda. This brief research note compares financial valuation metrics for the Axeda and ThingWorx acquisitions.
- Pub/sub versus application enablement platform: what’s the difference?
In this short question-and-answer article, we discuss two popular approaches to efficiently, cost effectively and safely get IoT data from endpoint devices to IoT applications. We look at the differences, benefits and drawbacks of publish-subscribe (pub/sub) and application enablement platform (AEP) solutions. We also provide a short of list vendors of pub/sub and AEP solutions.
- Autodesk snaps up application enablement platform vendor SeeControl
On 27 August 2015, Autodesk – a provider of computer-aided design (CAD) software – acquired IoT application enablement platform (AEP) vendor SeeControl. In this brief article we discuss what Autodesk might be doing with SeeControl and provide a high-level financial valuation comparison for recent AEP transactions.
- IoT Application Enablement Platform ScoreCard 2014: Davra Networks Addendum
This document is an amendment to our IoT AEP ScoreCard 2014 on Davra Networks’ AEP RuBAN.
- AT&T M2X for IoT
AT&T has launched a set of platform-based tools to help developers and businesses more quickly and easily launch IoT and M2M solutions.
- The Best of Apple and Google Meet in IoT Plug-and-play Solutions
In this piece of research we discuss Proteus’ EcoCloud solution – a good example of a plug-and-play IoT solution that uses unique hardware, applications and communications services, plus an integration with the Cumulocity platform.
- Cumulocity wins tier-one carrier customer in Deutsche Telekom
The Cumulocity IoT platform will power DT’s Cloud of Things solution, a platform to help businesses connect devices to applications.
- Davra Networks scores big client win with Metropolitan Transit System in San Diego
Davra Networks, an IoT application enablement platform provider, wins a new IoT customer. Davra’s platform RuBAN is providing the application and analytics for a smart city light rail solution to MTS in San Diego, California, a community of 3 million people.
- PTC opens the wallet again, purchases ColdLight
In this PowerPoint deck, MachNation reviews the transaction, financially compares the ColdLight purchase to other IoT acquisitions and provides some thoughts about PTC’s intentions with this acquisition.
- IoT Application Enablement Platform ScoreCard 2014: MachineShop Addendum
This document is an amendment to our IoT AEP ScoreCard 2014 on MachineShop AEP.