- IoT Academy and innovation initiated by KPN and RDM Makerspace
Locally-sourced innovation is critical for IoT success. Learn what KPN and RDM Makerspace are doing with independent foundation IoT Academy to bring together buyers and sellers of IoT solutions in The Netherlands.
- IoT applications, platforms and services forecast: 2015-2025
MachNation has created an IoT platform, application and services forecast to present insights into the state and development of the IoT market. This report provides a forecast for the technology components and sub-components making up an IoT solution. The forecast covers the period 2015-2025.
- IoT data and application enablement: AEP and PES vendor characteristics and classifications
This short research document provides a summary description of the two IoT data and application enablement classifications (AEPs and PESs), classification characteristics and example vendors.
- Communication service providers can triple their IoT/M2M revenues with an IoT application enablement platform
This Analyst Insight Article offers 5 best practices describing how carriers can most effectively leverage their relationships with IoT AEP vendors.
- Bosch launches IoT Cloud at Bosch ConnectedWorld 2016
On 9 March 2016, Bosch launched its Bosch IoT Cloud — and IoT PES — providing enterprises with a platform to offer IoT solutions for the mobility/automotive, industrial, energy/building technology and consumer goods sectors. This piece of research discusses the Bosch IoT Cloud and Bosch ConnectedWorld event.
- Pub/sub versus application enablement platform: what’s the difference?
In this short question-and-answer article, we discuss two popular approaches to efficiently, cost effectively and safely get IoT data from endpoint devices to IoT applications. We look at the differences, benefits and drawbacks of publish-subscribe (pub/sub) and application enablement platform (AEP) solutions. We also provide a short of list vendors of pub/sub and AEP solutions.
- Operator alliances: the Global M2M Association (GMA)
The Global M2M Association (GMA) — Bell Mobility, Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Softbank Mobile, Telecom Italia and TeliaSonera — is one of the many carrier alliances in the M2M ecosystem.
- Bosch’s drive to IoT
Bosch has been a leader in IoT for several years and has recently taken steps to solidify that position. Success does not come overnight, but Bosch is doing the right things to be successful in IoT.
- The Best of Apple and Google Meet in IoT Plug-and-play Solutions
In this piece of research we discuss Proteus’ EcoCloud solution – a good example of a plug-and-play IoT solution that uses unique hardware, applications and communications services, plus an integration with the Cumulocity platform.
- Business customers and their future digital technology needs – survey findings
In this article, we discuss the top technologies in demand in the digital business future. We include survey data for large enterprise and small business IoT demand.
- Connected lighting brief research insights
In this short PowerPoint presentation, we discuss the size of the worldwide lighting industry, the enterprise decision-making process for commercial lighting and marketing outreach to the sector.
- Empowering partners with an integrated IoT application, network and device management platform
MachNation discusses key characteristics’ of Davra Networks’ RuBAN Application Enablement Platform (AEP).
- Unpacking the Amazon Acquisition of 2lemetry
In this PowerPoint deck, MachNation reviews the transaction, estimates the purchase price and provides some thoughts about Amazon’s intentions with this acquisition.
- IoT and the future of Asset Management
MachNation presents at the SAP-Centric EAM conference on March 9, 2015.
- MachNation 2014 IoT Carrier ScoreCard Executive Summary
In an IoT world, we must balance the risks of security and privacy against the value that is possible with IoT and IoE solutions
- IoT Application Enablement Platform ScoreCard 2014 Executive Summary
Executive Summary for MachNation’s IoT Application Platform (AEP) ScoreCard 2014.
- IoT Application Enablement Platform ScoreCard 2014
MachNation ranks 13 IoT application enablement platform (AEP) vendors’ solutions, partnership approaches and potential for success in this ScoreCard.
- 2014 IoT World Forum: on the path to connecting the unconnected
Cisco and 29 other event sponsors made the Internet of Things (IoT) come to life in Chicago at the 2014 IoT World Forum. MachNation is proud to be one of the 104 companies on Cisco’s IoT steering committee.
- Key Criteria for MEAP Adoption: Manageability of the Platform
MachNation expects the evolution of platforms and applications in the Internet of Things and Internet of Everything ecosystem to follow a similar evolution to that followed in the application server space and the MEAP/MADP space. This article focuses on the importance of the manageability of the platform.
- Key Criteria for MEAP Adoption: Sound Security Strategy
MachNation expects the evolution of platforms and applications in the Internet of Things and Internet of Everything ecosystem to follow a similar evolution to that followed in the application server space and the MEAP/MADP space. This article focuses on the importance of a sound security strategy.